Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You said you'd bake us a cake...

And I did. And it took 1 try and 2 days. I'll admit it mostly fell apart...I really wanted to make Red Velvet cake and ended up with Burgandy Brown chocolate cake that's pretty much AMAZING. Not to mention that I love putting vegetables into tasty things (I know, I'm wierd) and the beets make this cake really moist. I will post a picture once I cut it, but beware - this cake is delicious and well-rounded (i cut it out to look like a heart cause i'm too cheap to buy heart shaped cake pans and where on earth would i store them?) but looks ...very...amateur. BUT the frosting is just about the best you have ever tasted. It's roux frosting and has salt in it (i've never heard of that before but it balances it out so well) and is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo amazing. Seriously.

And I had no toothpicks so I took some dried spaghetti and stuck it into the cake instead to cover it up. I'm just that classy.

I actually tried 2 different recipes and I think I like the 2nd one better, it's by someone in Southgate Ward, and perhaps I'll post it cause it's p-retty amazing.

Hope ya'll had a good February 14th. The highlight of the day was getting to sleep in on the couch while my husband cleaned up the kitchen and made the bed. Then Joshua and I picked Dave up for lunch...All you can each SUSHI! Which was so so so so good. Joshua liked throwing the things we gave him to eat on the floor. Ah, and we didn't even have to clean it up.

The squinch awakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment